- Nokia plans to launch Smart TVs in India.
- Flipkart recently announced a strategic partnership with Nokia to manufacture and distribute Nokia Smart TV in India.
- Nokia Smart TVs will feature JBL Sound System.
After Motorola and OnePlus TV launched their first TVs this year, last week Vipul Mehrotra, Vice President, Nokia Brand Partnerships announced its strategic partnership with Flipkart. The country’s leading e-commerce company will bring one new Nokia category to India & Flipkart will be the one to sale it. Nokia is on the path to launch its first Smart TV in India as part of ‘Make in India’ initiative. It is said that Flipkart will do the manufacturing and distribution of Nokia brand Smart TVs which will create thousands of new jobs, Flipkart said in a statement.
Nokia TVs will have a sound system from JBL by Harman as the company indicates a superior quality sound system. This will also be JBL by Harman’s debut on the TV segment in India. As its a major pain point in Indian consumers purchasing TVs, Nokia hopes to solve the poor sound quality by having a JBL Sound system.
- 4K UHD 55in LED Display Panel
- Andriod OS 9.0
- JBL by HARMAN Sound system
- Intelligent Dimming technology
- Certificated by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards)
- Model number 55CAUHDN
- TV to come with preloaded streaming apps like Netflix, Prime Video and more.
As of now, Flipkart has not revealed any dates for Nokia Smart TVs launch on the e-commerce platform. There is no photo of the actual product or it’s expected the cost of the TV for the Indian market. It expected to launch this December.
Flipkart is planning to increase its online shopping presence in Tier-2 and Tier-3 metropolitan cities combined to increase it’s presence overall TV segment.