All the parameters you need to consider before choosing Wooden or Granite for your flooring.
Don’t hurry into a choice, as changing your flooring is next to impossible!
Note – The above parameters like durability, aging, maintenance are based on considering a room of a house with a decent amount of traffic.
- Easy installation
- Available in various no. of colors with different shades of varnishes and wooden patterns.
- Warm to bare feet
- 100 years of life expectancy.
- Higher scratch-resistant, heat resistant, stain-resistant properties.
- Not suggestible for high traffic areas, they will lose the polish.
- Lesser life expectancy.
- Higher Maintainance costs, repolishing should be done every 5-6 years.
- Proper maintenance to be taken against moisture and termites.
- Since it’s polished, regular wet mopping is not suggestable.
- Premium material costs are high.
- Repolishing costs will be high.
- Granites are heavy in weight.
Granites: Polished, Flamed, Bush Hammered, Honed, Split
Wooden: Satin Lacquer, Matt LacquerSurface Finishes
Granite as a very long life compared to wooden flooring. Granite flooring will last for generations to come. They are heat resistant and stain-resistant compared to wooden flooring. Hence granite can be used on kitchen countertops. One of the downside in granite is that you can’t flush the adjacent granite pieces and make the seamless as granite mostly contain grain-like patterns but in wooden you don’t have to worry about it until you have a proper wooden floor installer.
Wooden is softer material compared to granite. Before installation wooden flooring moisture and termite as to be checked, if unchecked they cause serious damages. Exterior grade ( waterproof ) wooden deck floors available but overall wooden flooring has a life expectancy less compared to granite.
Tiles cost are fixed because they are manufactured on a large scale and can found in any retail stores. Whereas on wooden flooring, granite, and marbles, there are no specific price tags. It’s because they are natural stones and its price depends on its designs, colors, patterns, uniqueness, etc.