All the parameters you need to consider before choosing Marble Vs Wooden flooring for your home.
Don’t hurry into a choice, as changing your home floor is next to impossible!
Note – The above parameters like durability, aging, maintenance are based on considering a room of a house with a decent amount of traffic.
- Easy installation
- Available in various no. of colors with different shades of varnishes and wooden patterns.
- Warm to bare feet
- 50-60 years of life expectancy.
- Higher scratch-resistant, heat resistant, stain-resistant properties.
- Not suggestible for high traffic areas, they will lose the polish.
- Lesser life expectancy.
- Higher Maintainance costs, repolishing should be done every 5-6 years.
- Proper maintenance against moisture and termites.
- Wooden floors are polished, regular wet mopping is not suggestable.
- Premium material costs are high.
- Repolishing is not possible.
- Are heavy in weight.
Marble: Honed, Polished
Wooden: Satin Lacquer, Matt Lacquer
Marble has properties such as heat resistant and stain-resistant when compared to wooden flooring. It is used in mid traffic areas like the living room, bathroom, kitchen room, small office spaces, etc..
One of the common things in marble vs wooden flooring that you can flush the adjacent pieces and make the boundaries seamless until you have a proper wooden floor installer.
The tile breaks/cracks if any heavy object is dropped on it. Anti-slip tiles are available in the market.
Wooden is softer material compared to tiles. Before installation wooden flooring moisture and termite as to be checked, if unchecked they cause serious damages. Exterior grade ( waterproof ) wooden deck floors available but overall wooden flooring has a life expectancy greater than compared to tiles when maintained well.
A tile cost is fixed because it is manufactured on a large scale and can found in any retail stores but in wooden flooring, granite, and marbles, there are no specific price tags. It’s because they are natural stones and woods from trees, its price depends on its designs, colors, patterns, uniqueness, etc.